Written By: Ishton W. Morton – May 2nd, 2020
On Friday, May 1st, 2020 Ohio Governor Mike DeWine said, “It’s not a stay-at-home order, it’s a stay safe order.” He added, “the state has entered a new phase in the fight against coronavirus.”
Accordingly, at this juncture, you can get the latest information on the coronavirus, or COVID-19, in Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana together with resources to assist in prepared and keeping your family safe.
Reportedly, the Tri-State latest case numbers counts are: Ohio, 19,335, 1,021 deaths Kentucky, 4,879, 248 deaths, and Indiana, 19,933, 1,132 deaths. However to read more on 15 Days to Slow the Spread: CLICK HERE to read the CDC guidelines on coronavirus. Also for Educational Resources: CLICK HERE to access online learning resources.
Subsequently, leaders across the county, including our Tri-State area, are implementing measures to stop the spread by shutting down schools and restaurants and canceling events. Yes! The COVID-19 outbreak is continuing to change everyday life for millions of Americans.
In totality the new order was put in place replacing the state’s stay-at-home order which expired at midnight on Friday, May 1st, 2020.
According to the new order not much has changed except for some excess of words that add little or nothing to the meaning of the original order. Apparently, it is very similar to the state’s first stay-at-home order which most Ohioans have come to learn over the past several weeks.
Moreover, the biggest difference is many Ohioans will commence going back to work.
Also, the social distancing mandates are still in effect and Ohioans are still being asked to stay home unless they performing an essential errand or task. The new order involves a phased that is designed to approach the reopening of the economy.
Given all these different variables, the new order is still subject to expire on Friday, May 29th, 2020.
However, make no mistake do not become too obsessed with this date. DeWine has said, as it may amended at any time.
On Friday, May 1st, 2020 Kentucky’s chief justice said, he has formed three task forces to plan how the state’s courts will resume in-person services.
He continued to say; “It’s the latest sign of plans for gradual reopenings as the state deals with the coronavirus outbreak.”
However, Chief Justice John D. Minton Jr. said; a Supreme Court justice will head each task force, one each for circuit, family and district courts. Also, Judges and circuit clerks will serve as task force members.
Minton had this to say; “Although in-person services are suspended until Sunday, May 31st, 2020 our next priority is a reopening plan that respects social distancing while allowing greater access to the courts. As Kentucky begins to gradually reopen business, the courts must prepare to do the same.”
Seemingly, resumption of in-person court services will be done in a “limited, phased approach” to ensure the health of court personnel and the public, he said in an email to judicial branch employees.
Previously, Kentucky Governor Andy Beshear announced plans of phased on reopening of businesses, factories and churches in May as Kentucky reboots much of an economy shut down by the coronavirus.
It is believed for most people, the new coronavirus causes mild or moderate symptoms, such as fever and cough that clear up within weeks.
Accordingly, On Friday, May 1st, 2020 Indiana Governor Eric Holcomb released a five-stage plan to reopen his state. Click here to view the full plan.
Moreover, the Indiana State Department of Health announced that 645 additional Hoosiers have been diagnosed with COVID-19.
To date, this brings Indiana’s total number of residents known to have the novel coronavirus to 19,933 following corrections to the preceding day’s total.
When it is all said and done, the total of Hoosiers confirmed to have died of COVID-19 is 1,132, an increase of 17 over the previous day. Also, another 114 probable deaths have been reported.
Probable these deaths are those whom a physician listed COVID-19 as a contributing cause based on X-rays, scans and other clinical symptoms but for which no positive test is on record. Besides, deaths are reported based on when data are received by ISDH and occurred over multiple days.
To date, 108,859 tests have been reported to ISDH, an up-tick from 104,141 that was given on Saturday prior.
Reportedly, Marion County had the most new cases, at 193. Other counties with more than 10 new cases were Allen (19), Carroll (16), Cass (70), Dearborn (16), Elkhart (16), Hamilton (14), Hendricks (19), Johnson (38), LaPorte (22), Lake (43), St. Joseph (13), Tippecanoe (36) and White (25). The Lake County totals include results from East Chicago and Gary, which have their own health departments.